These are designed to create a legally binding relationship in return for you being allowed to participate.
All riders who sign on at any Edge Offroad event, must read and agree to be bound by these rules and regulations, and or any supplementary regulations or final instructions or licences – issued on the Edge Offroad website or displayed at the Event Signing On marquee prior to the start.
Motorsport can be dangerous and may involve injury or death. An Enduro (Cross Country) is an off road event designed to test endurance.
Failure to adhere to any of the rules below will lead to you being asked to leave the event. The Event Organisers reserve the right to refuse admission without assigning a reason.
ALL competitors and support crew MUST attend the Event Safety Briefing prior to the event start.
- Please park as instructed by Marshals and Officials on arrival at the venue.
- STRICTLY NO Camp fires at any events.
- NO Riding in Paddock or any other areas before event start.
- Check overnight camping availability on the Edge Offroad website before setting off.
- ALL litter must be taken home. DO NOT leave black refuse bags in paddock.
- Please refrain from dropping litter on the ground, please place in bins provided or please take it home with you.
- Dogs MUST be kept on leads, and kept away from on track activities AT ALL TIMES. Children are always present at all Edge Offroad events.
- Generators should be switched off/on at a reasonable hour (not before 7am and no later than 10.30pm)
- Minors under 12 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Respect land owners land and any other items on site.
- Abuse to any Official or Marshal will lead to the person being removed from the venue.
- Please do not drive above 5mph in the Paddock in your vehicle – there is a 5MPH speed limit maximum for a reason – please respect that there are always children present at all our events.
- Foul language is not acceptable in the Paddock.
During the Event
- All Riders MUST Sign on next to race number/on official paperwork before machine examination.
- Machines MUST have clearly visible race numbers ON ALL 3 plates. No taped numbers – Bikes will be removed from the start area if all 3 plates are not numbered correctly.
- Blue Tape/fence Areas are strictly walking pace only. Failure to comply is instant disqualification.
- Lap Scoring Area strictly walking pace. This is a Blue area. Riders MUST stop for number reading.
- Strictly NO SMOKING and no children in Pits Area.
- Engines MUST be switched off during refuelling. Failure to comply is disqualification.
- Riders can ONLY refuel in the official refuelling area. Failure to comply is disqualification.
- Riders are not allowed to change bikes during the event and qualify for championship points. If you do change bikes without consulting the Event Organiser, you will be disqualified.
- Outside assistance is NOT permitted from anybody, for safety reasons, unless deemed to be an unsafe situation whereby only an official Edge Offroad marshal may assist. The only place you are allowed assistance, and only at Championship events, is in the Pits for refuelling.
- Riders with broken exhausts during an event MUST repair immediately.
- Noisy bikes will not be allowed to start. Note: Enduro Noise level 94dba. NO OPEN MX 4 STROKE EXHAUSTS.
- Rider / Competitor intimidation will not be tolerated.
- Abusive behaviour, foul language or bad behaviour towards Spectators and Marshals – Instant Season Long Ban.
- Abusive behaviour, foul language or bad behaviour towards Edge Offroad Management – Life Time Ban.
- Support crews must stay away from Lap Scoring Area. Electronic devices can interfere with our timing systems.
- Course cutting will NOT be tolerated – anyone caught course cutting, or can be proven to have cut the course, will be dealt with immediately by the Event Organiser. Failure to Comply is at least one lap deduction, maximum disqualification.
- Helmet, Boots, Protective clothing, Goggles and other safety equipment MUST be worn by any riders competing. Short sleeve shirts are not allowed.
- Pressure washers are not allowed in the paddock area. Environmental code of practice. No exceptions.
- Remember to collect all items from the pits before leaving the venue. Your belongings are not the responsibility of the Organisers.
- Unless instructed to do so by a Marshal or Official, any rider who attempts to overtake in Blue tape or Lap Scoring areas will have 1 lap removed from results.
- In case of bike failure on the course, please park in a safe place away from the flow of riders.
- Our Lap timing system is Tap & Go so all riders numbers have to be on all 3 panels for this reason. No exceptions.
- Chequered Flag = Event Finish.
- Red Flag = Event Stopped.
- Black Flag = Rider Disqualification.
- Green Flag = Event Start
- All dogs to be kept on leads at ALL times.
- Foul language is not acceptable on the track.
Dos and Don’ts at Edge Offroad events.
- You can change wheels during the event.
- You can use fast fill fuel cans.
- You can stop on track for a rest. (Only in a safe, clearly visible place).
- You can ask marshals and officials for advice and help. They are all there to help and assist you.
- ALL RIDERS MUST sign on before taking machine to start area.
- If a rider runs outside the course markers, they MUST return to the track in the same place.
- You CAN NOT change bikes.
- You CAN NOT ride with passengers on bikes.
- You CAN NOT cut the course no matter how difficult the track becomes.
- You CAN NOT travel on the course in the wrong direction.
- You CAN NOT ride whilst under the influence of alcohol or intoxicating drugs.
- Children under the age of 16 are NOT allowed in the Pit Area.
- There is a strict NO SMOKING policy in the PIT AREA. If anyone (RIDER OR CREW) is caught in the PIT AREA smoking the RIDER will be instantly disqualified from the days event – NO REFUND will be given. You will be asked to remove yourself from the PIT AREA, if that person then becomes abusive towards our member of staff, then the RIDER will be banned from the club for ONE YEAR. This is a serious offence, and a breach of our health and safety policy, it is not acceptable, no excuses will be heard.
- Results are printed and displayed shortly after the last rider in each event has finished and the course has been closed by a marshal.
- Trophy presentation takes place after the morning event and the afternoon event at Event Signing On at Championship events..
- There is no trophy presentation at Winter Warmers.
- Timing systems run to the race duration, not the lead rider approaching race duration .i.e. if you pass through lap scoring with 1 second remaining you must complete one more full lap to be classed as a finisher. This lap will be added to your overall tally.
- Championship points can only be allocated to Registered Riders of Edge Offroad – if you do your registration after the season has started, points CAN NOT be back dated.
- ENTRY FEES CAN NOT BE REFUNDED WITHIN 48 HOURS OF AN EVENT (i.e. anytime from Friday 8.30am onwards no refunds)
- THE SECRETARY WILL MAKE THE DECISION REGARDING ANY ENTRY FEES TO BE CARRIED FORWARD IF 48 HOURS NOTICE IS GIVEN (up to Saturday night, SUNDAY or any days thereafter is unacceptable).
- If you have prepaid and are ill, we need a doctor’s note/letter to cover the same.
- If the rider’s bike fails him/her, this is no fault of the club – no entries carried over and no refund.
- If a rider does not “like” the weather conditions, NO ENTRIES WILL BE CARRIED OVER OR REFUNDED – PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR THIS TO HAPPEN!
1 ¼ Hour Event (until entries improve)
Junior = Auto / 65cc
Youth B = 85/125 2 Stroke, 150cc 4 Stroke – Small Wheel
Youth A = 85/150 Big Wheel + 125cc.
(Youth Entry Fees apply of £30 pre-booked. £35 day entry)
Adult AM Event 2 Hours
(Adult Entry fees apply of £45 pre-booked. £50 day entry)
Adult PM Event 2 Hours (2 ½ Hour Event from April – September)
(Adult Entry Fees apply of £45 pre-booked. £50 on the day entry)
- The Parent/Guardian has to sign an indemnity before the event starts for the Youth event, stating the rider is fit and able to take part.
- The Parent/Guardian must satisfy themselves by walking the track prior to event start, that they are entirely satisfied with the layout and track conditions & that the rider is competent & able to negotiate the entire circuit. By signing on, a parent/guardian will have accepted these conditions.
- The Parent/Guardian must accompany a minor entrant to an event and will remain on site for the duration of time the rider is present at the venue.
- A participant has to be 16 years old or under to ride in the Youth classes, but can be 15 years or over to ride in the Adult classes.
- ALL Junior riders have to have a Chaperone for the full duration of the event.
- ALL Junior riders have to have a lanyard fitted to the bikes to stop the engine in case of a tumble.
- Any Youth A or B rider that wants to have a Chaperone to improve their confidence, then please speak to the Event Organiser.
- The track will be marked with bright orange arrows which denote the direction of the course.
- Any boundaries and/or prohibited areas will be marked with track tape. It is a condition of any rider who takes part to stay within the marked boundaries. Any non-moveable objects which may prove to be an obstacle will be marked with bright coloured paint.
- Crossed orange markers will be used to warn riders of any cautions, hazards/dangerous obstacles.
- The course will be inspected by the Event Organiser/Secretary/Safety Officer and Chief Marshal prior to the start of the event.
- Warning notices will be placed in all official spectator areas.
- Before the start of each event an event briefing will take place to inform all competitors about the nature of the track, rules for the day, start procedure, refuelling / pits and lap scoring procedure. At most events we are more than likely to have new to Hare & Hounds/Cross Country riders who have never competed before. This briefing takes place on the start line, 15 minutes prior to the start of your event, and you must remove your helmet for this.
- It is the responsibility of the rider to proceed at a speed adequate to their individual ability.
- Practicing on the course before or after the event is strictly prohibited.
- The Child Protection policy of the governing body will apply at all events.
- Any complaints / queries / Protest MUST be brought to the attention of the Event Organiser on the day of the event within 30 minutes of the Provisional results being released. Results remain provisional for 48 hours. Anyone wishing to contest them must contact the Secretary of the Meeting, in writing, with the sum of £50.
- Event control, Event Secretary, Medical personnel, Club Marshals, Clerk of the Course, Lap Scoring and the Chief Marshal are in constant radio contact throughout the whole event.
- A number of travelling marshals will be on the course during each event to ensure all parts of the course are covered and patrolled in the event of any accident.
- The organisers provide a 4×4 vehicle which is available to recover bikes and/or riders from hard to reach locations. Only Edge Offroad Marshals/Officials are allowed to drive these vehicles.
- The Green Flag will denote the start of each event.
- If the RED flag is waved at any time during an event, riders must stop immediately and await further instructions from officials.
- If a rider is shown the black flag they must stop immediately and be escorted from the track by an official.
- When the chequered flag is shown this is the end of the event, at this point competitors must return to the paddock observing paddock rules and or signs.
COSTS & PAYMENT
- Club Registration is £10
- IOPD 2017 Annual Licences are £15.
- All Kids entries are £30 pre-booked.
- All Adult entries are £45 pre-booked.
- Day Licences are £5.
- Practise Day fees are £30 pre-booked.
- Practise Day entries on the day are £35.
- Hard Enduros are £55 pre-booked.
- 6 Hour Event is £80 Solo, £100 2 Man Team, £150 3 Man Team.
- Day entries hold a surcharge of £5.
- You can pay by Bank Payment, PayPal or Cash on the Day.
- If an event is postponed by the club, and you have paid, your entry fee will be carried forward. If you have not used this by the end of the year then the monies will be forfeited.
- ACU, AMCA, BSMA (youth only) & IOPD Enduro licences are acceptable.
- If you don’t hold an annual 2017 licence you MUST buy a Day Licence, NO exceptions.
- Any licence produced by a rider must be in date and for the correct discipline otherwise a Day Licence will have to be purchased – NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Any subsequent written instructions and/or entry forms shall have the same force as these standing regulations and supplementary regulations which may be issued in hard copy and/or via the club website.
- Edge Offroad reserve the right to alter/amend these rules and regulations without giving prior notice.
Edge Offroad will only accept positive use of its social media page and group including Twitter and Facebook. These pages are not to be used for grievances or complaint procedures. Edge Offroad reserve the right to remove any derogatory comments aimed at Edge Offroad or its Marshals/Officials, its partners and customers participating in our events. Our social media pages are a celebration of Offroad Motorcycling and the nature of their content must reflect this.
Over the course of the season there may be circumstances or issues that concern you and you may wish to discuss them. Any rider/parent/child who is dissatisfied with any aspect of their experience with Edge Offroad can voice their concerns:
- By arranging a meeting with the director of Edge Offroad
- Via email or telephone
We encourage openness and invite all customers to come and speak to us in private if you feel necessary.
All conversations will be confidential and issues arising will be kept private.
Event Mobile:- 07557 447084
Club email:- edgeoffroad@outlook,com
The overall aim is for you all to enjoy yourselves on your day off – so though we have rules and regulations in place, this is standard procedure and to protect you, the customer. Your Safety is our Priority.
THE EVENT ORGANISER HAS THE POWER TO OVERRIDE, AMEND AND ENFORCE ANY CHANGES TO ANY CURRENT RULES THAT ARE IN THE INTEREST OF THE CLUB.
THE CLERK OF THE COURSE & EVENT ORGANISERS’ DECISION IS FINAL.