Event Phone: 07557 447084
DUE TO THE RECENT RAIN OVER THE LAST 2 WEEKS, THE LANDOWNER HAS REQUESTED FOR US NOT TO RUN EDGEBERG THIS SUNDAY! HOWEVER!! AFTER A CONVERSATION WITH MR ED THIS MORNING, MONDAY, WE HAVE WORKED TOGETHER ON MOVING EDGEBERG TO SUNDAY 23RD APRIL, AND A NEW DATE FOR BESS RD 4 WILL BE RELEASED SOON!
Round 3 of the NEW 2023 British Extreme Super Series will take place at the amazing Edgeberg venue, Kilburn, YO61 4AL on Sunday 23rd April. The aim of the BESS is to raise the extreme scene within the UK, so we hope you will all get behind us by supporting this new series!
Round 3 will be a multi lap format. Set on a hillside, the course will contain all natural terrain, with many hillclimbs and descents, off cambers, woodland and not a rock in sight!
The day will start with Mini Edgeberg; classes will be Junior, Youth Girls, Youth B and Youth A (for the Youth A riders that are not competing in the Youth class in the Adult AM race).
The AM race classes are Sportsman, Sportsman Vets (Over40+), Vets (Over50’s), Novice and Youth.
The PM race classes are Pro, Expert, Elite Vets (Clubman/Expert Over 40) and Clubman.
FINAL INSTRUCTIONS – PLEASE READ!
PERMIT NUMBER: 60802
Clerk of the Course: Sonya Jarvis 181310
Assistant Clerk of the Course: Dan Bewlay 155220
Secretary of the Meeting: Sonya Jarvis Tel: 07557447084 Email: [email protected]
Chief Marshall: Anthony Harvey
Machine Examiner: Andrew Smith
Timing: Alistair Spowart www.my.raceresult.com / Edge Offroad App
Safety Officer: Sonya Jarvis
First Aid: ZebMed
ELIGIBILITY – All riders must hold a 2023 annual IOPD licence. Any rider from another FMN (including Ireland) must produce a licence issued by their FMN together with start permission and proof of personal accident insurance including repatriation. Public roads will not be used as part of the course and riders must ensure that they and their machines comply with all legal requirements. Please check that your current insurance is valid.
VENUE – Kilburn White Horse, Carr Lane, Kilburn, YO61 4AL. Riders please do not arrive before 10:00am on Saturday 22nd April.
ENTRIES – All potential entrants MUST either hold a valid annual 2023 IOPD licence or One Event licences are available at an extra cost of £15. Entries will be open until Thursday 20th April at midnight or when it is full. Entries for the event will be charged at £75.00 with a maximum of 100 entries per race. DAY ENTRIES WILL BE CHARGED AT £95, IF THE EVENT IS NOT FULL BEFORE THE CLOSING DATE. Entry fees will not be returned unless the event is cancelled, or a valid doctor’s certificate is provided. In both cases a 10% deduction will be kept for administration purposes. Any cancellations after the 20th April will not receive a refund. The organisers reserve the right to refuse entry without explanation.
CLASSES – Pro, Expert, Clubman, Elite Vets, Over 50, Youth, Sportsman, Sportsman Vets and Novice.
Note: Elite Vets (Expert/Clubman level) & Sportsman Vets (Sportsman level 40 years old at 01/01/2023).
SIGNING ON – Competitors must sign on on Sunday 23rd April:-
Mini Edgeberg between 07:30am and 08.15am.
Adult AM race between 08.30am and 10.00am.
Adult PM race between 10.30am and 12.30pm.
Included in your event pack will be 1 number board. This MUST be placed on your bike intact/unaltered to reflect the event sponsors.
MACHINE EXAMINATION – Tyres are optional depending on the landowners discretion, Trials tyres are not permitted. Sound control is 112db as per the Standard Regulations.
REFUELLING & SERVICE AREA – One person allowed in the Pit Area per rider.
Blue Tape – any part of the route marked by Blue Tape is considered a restricted speed area and competitors must travel at walking pace or less in these areas. Failure to do so may result in disqualification.
8.30am – Mini Edgeberg Event – 1 hour duration.
10.30am – Adult AM Event – 2 hour duration.
1.15pm – Adult PM Event – 2.5 hour duration.
All riders will receive a rider briefing 15 minutes before the event is due to start, at the start area. Please make sure you are on time.
Note: All times subject to change depending on final entry numbers, weather conditions and final details.
COURSE – Available to walk from 09:00am Saturday 22nd April. Will be natural hazards of the extreme variety. The course will be approximately 10-15 minutes a lap.
TIMING – Transponders for all riders, £20 deposit required. PLEASE NOTE: Once collected from race control your transponder becomes your responsibility. Should it be lost, stolen or not returned you are liable for the replacement at £200.
Live Timing via the Edge Offroad App. All riders’ transponders will have predictive tracking using tracker boxes. A TV screen with results will also be available at Lap Scoring.
CONDUCT – The organisers reserve the right to disqualify or apply a penalty of their discretion to any rider whose actions are unsportsmanlike or may bring the sport into disrepute.
CHILD PROTECTION – The Secretary of the Meeting is the contact for all Child Protection matters.
SPECTATORS – Are welcome to the event, provided that they comply with all instructions set out in these regulations and the Final Instructions. Spectator cost is £10 per person. OAP’s & Under 16’s are £5. Under 5’s are free. Spectators will observe notices/signs highlighting safe viewing areas and the instructions of officials should be heeded at all times.
AWARDS & CHAMPIONSHIP POINTS – There will be trophies to the top 3 in each class awarded on the day. Awards presentation for all class winners: 20 minutes after all competitors are back at the finish. All riders who finish in the top fifteen places will gain Championship points (Pro/Expert/Clubman/Elite Vets/Over 50/Sportsman Vets/Youth/Sportsman and Novice. Points from all events held will count towards the Championship. Overall positions on the day will be determined by the rider’s total points. In the event of a tie-on points in events where more than one race is held, it will be decided by the riders final event result.
- The refuelling area, approach to the time control check and other areas will be marked with blue tape. Riders must adhere to walking pace and failure to comply with instructions at such points will incur immediate disqualification.
- The use of mobile phones and smoking within the re-fuelling areas is strictly prohibited.
- Please park as you are instructed to by Edge Offroad Officials.
- Abuse from either rider or supporter to any officials will not be tolerated and may lead to disqualification from the event with the matter being reported to the Event Director for further action.
- The use of scooters, mini-bikes, paddock bikes etc is not permitted in the start/finish area and re-fuelling area. The organiser may disqualify any rider linked to supporters ignoring this rule.
- Please take all litter home from the event.
- Please adhere to all signage shown at the Signing On tent and all around the venue.
- If you are staying overnight please respect all others at the venue, all generators to be off by 10.00pm, and not on before 7.30am. No loud music after 9pm.
- At the end of the event please return your transponder to the transponder tent.
- If you finish before the end due to mechanical breakdown etc., please take off your transponder and return it to the transponder tent before you leave the venue. Failure to return the transponder within 7 days will end with your result being void.
- NO tear off’s or bike washing is allowed at this event.
- Unless the helmet is manufactured with the camera as an intrinsic part, helmet cameras (including the helmet camera brackets) and cameras attached to the body are prohibited. Cameras attached to the machine are permitted.
- Toilet facilities are provided please take suitable care to sanitise your hands etc after use.
- There will be 1st Aid on site and should you require any assistance at any time please respect and follow their instructions.
- There will be on-site catering at this event.
NOTICE WARNING TO THE PUBLIC
MOTORSPORT CAN BE DANGEROUS
Despite the Organisers taking all reasonable precautions, unavoidable accidents can happen.
Please comply with all instructions from the Marshals and pay attention to the SIGNS/NOTICES, and remain in the Permitted Areas Only!!!!
THEY ARE CONCERNED FOR YOUR SAFETY
We hope you all have an enjoyable weekend with Edge Offroad! Thank you.
Event Mobile 07557 447084
ALL COVID RULES & REGULATIONS IN PLACE, ALONG SIDE ALL STANDARD RULES & REGULATIONS!
- BRITISH EXTREME SUPER SERIES RD3 EDGEBERG
Sunday 23rd April 2023
7:30 am - 4:00 pm
Please select the entry type:
By entering an event on line you must agree to,understand and accept the IOPD Risk Acknowledgement Contract and the Edge Offroad Rules and Regulations. Please note that these documents create a legally binding agreement between you and Edge Offroad in relation to your participation as a competitor in any Edge Offroad event.
Read the IOPD Risk Acknowledgement Contract