MOTOR SPORTS ARE HAZARDOUS AND PARTICIPATION MAY RESULT IN INJURIES AND/OR FATALITIES
By entering an event on line and agreeing to the declaration below, you are agreeing that you have understood and accepted the terms and conditions below. Please note that this document creates a legally binding agreement between you and Edge Offroad in relation to your participation as a competitor in any Edge Offroad event.
The ACU National Sporting Code and Standing Regulations are published annually in the ACU Handbook.
ENTRY DECLARATION: I the undersigned apply to enter the event described above and in consideration thereof: –
- I declare that I have had the opportunity to read, and that I understand the National Sporting Code of the ACU, the ACU Standing Regulations, such Supplementary Regulations as have or may be issued for the event, and agree to be bound by them.
- I declare that I am physically and mentally fit to take part in the event and I am competent to do so. I confirm that I understand the nature and type of event I am entering and its inherent risks and agree to accept the same notwithstanding that such risks may involve negligence on the part of the organisers or officials.
- I confirm that I am not currently suspended from ACU permitted competition or on the ACU Stop List as a result of incurring a Concussion injury.
- I accept that insurance arranged on my behalf by the organisers of events that I may enter specifically excludes liability between the participants. I understand that this form may be used in litigation as evidence that any serious injury will be principally the result of my voluntary decision to engage in a high risk activity.
- I consent to details of any injuries I may suffer at this event being passed between all medical services and the Clerk of the Course.
- I have read and understood The Auto Cycle Union Ltd Data Protection Policy and I consent to the collection and retention of my personal information by the ACU.
- I confirm that the machine(s) as described below which I shall participate on shall be suitable and proper for the purpose. I confirm that I am eligible to compete on the machines for which I have entered.
- I confirm that if any part of the event takes place on a public highway, the machine(s) described below shall be insured as required by the Road Traffic Acts, or equivalent legislation, and that they will comply with the regulations in respect thereof.
- I accept responsibility for any items borrowed from the Organiser during the course of the event. These items include but are not restricted to (safety clothing, transponders, accessories). I understand that I am liable for the cost or replacement of any items lost or not returned and non-payment or non-replacement of items borrowed may affect my entry into subsequent events.
- I confirm that I have not been refused an ACU Licence, nor had an ACU Licence suspended, nor have I been excluded from any ACU competition.
- I declare that should I contract coronavirus in a ten day period prior to the event taking place, I will not travel to or participate/officiate at the event and will follow Gov.UK guidance/advice as appropriate.
I understand and accept that as the Supplementary Regulations state the Insurance cover for this event is “Basic” there is no Personal Accident cover for Competitors and Liability cover in respect of any claim made by third parties is limited to £10 million.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF THE RISKS OF MOTORSPORT: I understand that by taking part in this event I am exposed to a risk of death, becoming permanently disabled or suffering some other serious injury and I acknowledge that even in the event that negligence on the part of the ACU, any event organiser, any circuit owner, the promoter, the organising club, the venue owner, or any individual carrying out duties on their behalf were to be a contributory cause of any serious injury I may suffer, the dominant cause of any serious injury will always be my voluntary decision to take part in a high risk activity.
I have read the above and acknowledge that my participation in motorsport is entirely at my own risk. I agree that I am required to register on arrival by “signing on” at the designated place before taking part in any Practice Session/Race or Enduro.
FOR PARTICIPANTS UNDER AGE OF 18, DECLARATION OF PARENT, PERSON WITH PARENTAL RESPONSIBILITY:
I have parental responsibility of the named participant, hereinafter referred to as ‘my child’, accept that my child may participate in the aforementioned meeting.
I declare as follows: I have read and understood the “Acknowledgement of the risks of motorsport” which appears above. I appreciate the dangers inherent in motorsport which include the risk of death or permanent disablement. My child does not suffer from any physical, medical or mental disability which would make it unsafe for him/her to participate either as a Competitor or for Practice. I accept that it is my responsibility to ensure that my child and I have had the opportunity to read and understand the National Sporting Code of the ACU, Standing Regulations, Supplementary Regulations and Final Instructions subsequently issued and this Entry Form and that he/she will comply with them. I accept that photographs or video films may be taken of my child by officials dealing with safety issues or accident investigations. Photographs may also be taken for promotional purposes and may appear on the ACU website or in ACU publications.
Extract from NSC Article 7.14: A parent or legal guardian of a rider participating in a competition requiring consent is deemed to bear mutual responsibility with that competitor.
- I acknowledge that I shall be competing in a physically demanding, hazardous and dangerous Event and that I am aware of the associated medical and physical risks involved in as a result of my participation in the Event.
- I voluntarily assume the risks resulting from my competing in the Event and agree that I shall not make any claims or bring any actions or proceedings against the Organiser (and its affiliated companies, servants, officers and agents) [and/or any third party connected with the Event (including any other competitors)] in connection with my competing in the Event or otherwise in connection with the Event.
- I am in an appropriate physical condition to participate in the Event and I shall not compete in the Event: (i) whilst under the influence of alcohol, drugs, medication (prescribed or otherwise) and/or any other substance; or (ii) if suffering any ailment or injury or being of a medical condition, whereby, in the case of (i) and (ii) the same may impair my physical abilities, judgement, mobility and/or otherwise increase the risk of me or any other person suffering an injury and/or fatality by my competing in the Event unless I have first brought obtained the Organiser’s prior written approval to my participation, after having made a full and honest disclosure to the Organiser of the details of my condition.
- I shall wear appropriate clothing and use appropriate safety equipment at all times whilst I am competing in the Event.
- I have read, understood and will comply with all of the Organiser’s and any circuit/track/course specific rules and regulations (and any similar materials) and I shall comply with all instructions (including in relation to safety) for the Event given by or on behalf of the Organiser.
- I have familiarised myself with the layout and format of the circuit/track/course and consider that it is of a nature that is appropriate to my abilities and level of experience as a competitor.
- I shall compete in a manner that shows due regard for my safety and that of my fellow competitors and any other attendees of the Event.
- I have ensured that my vehicle for the Event is safe, well maintained and fit for the Event and the nature of the circuit/track/course.
- I agree that the Organiser’s liability is limited in that it shall not be responsible for any indirect, consequential or economic losses arising due to my participation in the Event.
- I acknowledge that if I want insurance of any kind, I must obtain my own. I will pay my own medical emergency expenses and all subsequent medical expenses in the event of any illness, accident, or injury in connection with the Event.
- I authorise and permit the Organiser (and third parties connected with the Event) to administer first aid to me and to authorise such other medical treatment and transportation as may be recommended by physicians, paramedics, and other medical personnel, in the event of any illness, accident or injury to me.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit the liability of the Organiser for:
(a) death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the Organiser; or
(b) any matter in respect of which it would be illegal for the Organiser to exclude or attempt to exclude its liability.
Parent/Guardian Consent for Competitors under the age of 18 years:
For competitors under the age of 18 years, I, as the parent or legal guardian of the minor, am signing the declaration below in respect of the minor and in doing so I am agreeing that I have understood and accepted the terms and conditions above and explained them to the minor. I consent to the minor participating in the Event at his/her own risk and I agree to hold harmless and indemnify the Organiser in respect of any sums, costs, or expenses incurred by the Organiser in connection with any accident, loss, damage or injury (including fatality) arising out of the minor’s participation in the Event. I authorise and permit the Organiser (and third parties connected with the Event) to administer first aid to the minor and to authorise such other medical treatment and transportation as may be recommended by physicians, paramedics, and other medical personnel, in the event of any illness, accident or injury to the minor.
Comments are closed.